Bourget Bros., a premier supplier of building materials in Santa Monica, is looking for a Retail Controller to manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, Point of Sale, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, payroll, fixed asset records, taxes and general accounting. This is for the person who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves. Previous lumber/hardware industry experience is a plus.
About Bourget Bros. Building Materials:
Located in Santa Monica, California, Bourget Bros. Building Materials and Bourget Flagstone Co. provide quality, custom building materials for exclusive residential and commercial locations since 1947.
Bourget Flagstone Company features a unique design center to inspire every stage of the design process, including a new Outdoor Living Patio for Xeriscape Design Ideas. An onsite fabrication department brings designs to life as expert artisans create everything from counter tops to fire pits and BBQ’s, according to customer and architect drawings.
In recent years, Bourget Bros. Building Materials has added a lumber yard and tile and pebble showrooms to offer a complete one-stop shop for its customers.
- Manage daily accounting activities related to GL accounting, AP, AR, payroll, inventory, fixed assets and financial reporting
- Perform monthly bank and credit card account reconciliations and daily store sales audits
- Maintain Fixed Asset schedule and record monthly depreciation
- Prepare general journal entries and monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Assist in preparation of various tax reporting requirements
- Calculation of Cost of Goods Sold and the different allocations
- Oversee Payroll processing with payroll company provider
- Communicate and resolve accounting discrepancies with customers and vendors
- Coordinate details for audits
- Ensure tax and reporting compliance
- Assist with other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or commensurate experience
- At least 3 years of experience in the full accounting cycle
- Ability to embrace and embody the company’s Core Values
- Previous use of Epicor Eagle Retail Management System favored, but not required
- Experience in the consumer products, retail, manufacturing or related industries
- Able to manage competing priorities with accuracy and efficiency while meeting deadlines
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with a high degree of discretion
- Versatile and capable of learning new software and processes quickly and with ease
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Knowledgeable in Excel, Word, Outlook and ADP
Our business partner, RSJ/Swenson, is conducting the search for us. No phone calls, please.
Bourget Bros. Building Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer.