About the Position
Performs a wide range of complex and confidential administrative and clerical support duties. This position supports the General Manager, Clubhouse Manager, Hospitality Manager and Catering Sales Manager. Requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to provide information and service to a wide range of internal and external contacts. Requires knowledge of the club and department policies and procedures. Because the position also requires supervision and communication with our Housekeeping staff, bilingual English/Spanish is required. This position reports to the General Manager.
About The Riviera Country Club
Opened in 1927, the Riviera Country Club has a storied history and its championship golf course is world-renowned. The Tennis Club opened in 1963 and has hard, clay and practice courts, along with programs for all levels of play. We are passionate about the sophisticated elegance of our amenities and service. Our Members enjoy the “Riviera Lifestyle”, which includes the philosophies of Respect Life; Healthy for Life; and Enjoy Life. We’re equally passionate about living our vision, mission values and principles which start and end with “Only the best is good enough.” The vision is embodied in our employees, who are carefully screened, selected and trained.
You are an experienced administrative professional with an interest in the hospitality industry. You understand and live by the concept of being a “team player”, making sure that collaboration is essential to your success, as well as the success of those you work with. At the same time, you have enough experience and strength to ensure the right thing is being done. You are able to work collaboratively or independently with equal effectiveness. Multi-tasking is a concept that you embrace.
- Provides wide range of complex office administration and support to all mid-management of the club specifically working with Housekeeping, Catering, and Hospitality Managers.
- Serves as principal administrative contact and liaison with all club constituents and external contacts.
- Develops, implements, and administers departmental office systems and procedures. Establishes office procedures, policies, and operations. Interprets and communicates policies and processes with all managers and department heads.
- Understands Club cleanliness standards and procedures and communicates, reviews and corrects those standards as needed to all areas of Housekeeping throughout the Club.
- Reviews, assesses, routes, answers, and monitors follow up action steps on correspondence. Gathers and analyzes information requires for administrative reporting.
- Provides wide ranges of support including: keyboarding, composing, and editing letters, memoranda, reports, lecture/course materials for Hospitality University, and presentations to Senior Managers and owner.
- Serves as principal contact and source of information for web based inquiries.
- Manages complex calendars and arranges for meetings and appointments for managers whom the position supports.
- Coordinates events, including conferences, seminars and management retreats.
- Purchases and maintains inventory of office supplies for the club.
- Creates and maintains computer filing system(s) for GM.
- Answers and routes phone calls, mail and e-mail messages and may handle wide-range information dissemination.
- The executive assistant is involved in data analysis for the Club Manager, the Hospitality Manager and Catering Manager, using a combination of computer and critical thinking skills. Top-level executives are accountable for ensuring that the company is meeting its overall financial goals. It is the assistant who carefully analyzes financial data and creates reports that identify areas of concern that the executive may need to focus on.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
Requirements – Required
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Five (5) years’ experience in office administration and/or customer service
- Microsoft Office
- Ability to learn hospitality industry software programs
- Ability to work across teams
Requirements - Preferred
- College degree, or equivalent of education plus experience
- Knowledge of Caterease software and the sales process for Catering
- Experience managing to a budget and with multiple deadlines
Full benefits (health, life, dental). Paid vacation and sick days.
We do not pay for relocation
The Riviera Country Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer.