The Engineer is responsible for maintaining the Riviera Country Club property.
About The Riviera Country Club
Opened in 1927, the Riviera Country Club has a storied history and its championship golf course is world-renowned. The Tennis Club opened in 1963 and has hard, clay and practice courts, along with programs for all levels of play. We are passionate about the sophisticated elegance of our amenities and service. Our Members enjoy the “Riviera Lifestyle”, which includes the philosophies of Respect Life; Healthy for Life; and Enjoy Life. We’re equally passionate about living our vision, mission values and principles which start and end with “Only the best is good enough.” The vision is embodied in our employees, who are carefully screened, selected and trained.
You are an outgoing and personable professional with a keen interest in the hospitality industry. You understand and live by the concept of being a “team player”, making sure that collaboration is essential to your success, as well as the success of those you work with. At the same time, you have enough experience and strength to ensure the right thing is being done. You have very strong work ethic and integrity, as well as a strong attention to detail including safety issues. You’re not afraid of hard work and strive to make the club environment clean and safe. “It’s not in my job description” is not part of your professional vocabulary, and you are flexible enough to juggle many different projects and guest requests at the same time.
- Follow procedures for Air Conditional and Central Plant
- All work is to be entered in the Work Activity Log Sheet and Orders
- Report the status of all unfinished projects to the maintenance office or your team leader
- Purchase items needed for maintenance to the property and document as per the invoice procedures
- Work with outside vendors when necessary
- Clean the area, engineering shop, engineer truck and golf carts when you have finished working there and/or according to the schedule
- Take on additional projects as needed
- Any request by management, department head or an employee, that requires you to delay/change your assignment must be communicated to your supervisor immediately
- Show great customer service to guests by greeting them and letting them go first
- Report any guest’s personal belongings left in the room to the front desk or the housekeeping office
- Put items in a plastic bag with a small tag with the room number and date
- Use all safety precautions
- Immediately report any unsafe conditions or broken items to your supervisor and write a report
- Safety equipment such as gloves and masks must be used when necessary
- Use Safety signs
- Use elevators when carrying heavy items
- Educate yourself about how to use cleaning products and the proper bottle for chemicals
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
- At least two years of prior spa, country club or hospitality housekeeping experience
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
- Requires the ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner
- Requires the ability to bend, twist, stand and lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. to perform normal job functions
The Riviera Country Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer.