About the Position
Responsible for managing all day to day activity of the Housekeeping staff, cleaners and laundry staff as well as performing the duties of a housekeeper. The position reports directly to the Clubhouse Manager.
About The Riviera Country Club
Opened in 1927, the Riviera Country Club has a storied history and its championship golf course is world-renowned. The Tennis Club opened in 1963 and has hard, clay and practice courts, along with programs for all levels of play. We are passionate about the sophisticated elegance of our amenities and service. Our Members enjoy the “Riviera Lifestyle”, which includes the philosophies of Respect Life; Healthy for Life; and Enjoy Life. We’re equally passionate about living our vision, mission values and principles which start and end with “Only the best is good enough.” The vision is embodied in our employees, who are carefully screened, selected and trained.
You are an outgoing and personable professional with a keen interest in the hospitality industry. You understand and live by the concept of being a “team player”, making sure that collaboration is essential to your success, as well as the success of those you work with. You are a strong leader, capable of ensuring your team meets the high standards expected at Riviera at all times. “It’s not in my job description” is not part of your professional vocabulary.
- To ensure standards of cleanliness, hygiene and tidiness in all bedrooms/corridors/function rooms/public areas are maintained:
- Supervising and helping the daily cleaning of assigned rooms, bathrooms, corridor areas and public areas to the highest standards. This includes changing bed linens, replacing towels, cleaning bathrooms thoroughly, vacuuming, mopping and dusting daily.
- Ensuring the upkeep of vacant rooms and clean rooms, or assist staff with cleaning rooms
- Replenishing brochures and paper goods throughout the hotel
- Maintaining an orderly storeroom and trollies
- To ensure member satisfaction is maintained by:
- Ensuring guest property left behind is logged and stored in a secure location for lost property
- Resolving any guest problems or complaints, when possible and ensuring management is kept informed
- Taking action on any maintenance request in order to comply with the Club’s established quality standards and to ensure guest satisfaction
- To set and maintain standards of service commensurate with the standing of the Club:
- Managing a stock control and ordering system to guarantee availability of stock and cost controls, keeping costs to a minimum
- Attending any appropriate off and on-the-job training courses
- Wearing a clean and suitable uniform and name badge at all times
- Implementing the Club’s good customer relations policy, including politely addressing guests and colleagues at all times
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Attention to detail and very organization
- Strong supervisory skills, with the ability to delegate responsibilities
- The ability to work effectively with all personality types
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment, chemicals, and procedures for cleaning
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions independently
- The flexibility to work weekends, holidays, mornings, and nights
- The capacity to perform light physical tasks, exerting up to 60 lbs. of force on a frequent basis and up to 60 lbs. on an occasional basis
- Adepts at performing such actives as grasping, lifting, reaching, crouching, walking, sitting and carrying repetitively and for long periods of time
Annual salary up to $48,000 per year, plus a full and complete benefits package, including paid time off.