About The Position
A young, vibrant, dynamic company seeks a Human Resources Coordinator to manage the day to day HR responsibilities for the company. This position develops, coordinates, interprets and advises on company policy and procedure, including HRMS, retirement plans, medical/dental, flexible spending and payroll information, as well as coordinating leaves of absences. This position also addresses issues raised by current employees and new hires, organizing and conducting on- and off-boarding, and coordinating other HR functions such as training and development.
We are a young, vibrant company experiencing rapid growth and are located in Beverly Hills, with additional offices in southwestern United States, Mexico, and the Caribbean.
Flexibility and “can-do” are an essential part of your repertoire. You have a natural ability to collaborate well with all levels of our team. You handle multiple projects and stressful situations and have the ability to work within constraints with a sense of humor and resilience. You’re able to work in a busy office and handle the administrative responsibilities with competence, character, and a minimum of drama.
The following is paramount to this position:
- The ability to provide multiple levels of support, inclusive of participating in high-level projects as well as maintaining employee files.
- The ability to successfully manage multiple priorities at a variety of locations in appropriate timeframes.
- Understanding of, and experience with, core aspects of Human Resource Management (federal state and local labor laws, labor relations, staffing; employee relations; performance management)
- 2-3 years of experience in Human Resources administration, preferably in a large company environment
- At least 2-3 years of experience working with a Human Resources Management or Information System
- Experience in multi-state regulatory compliance and human resources practices and procedures a plus
- Demonstrated experience and savvy in Information Technology
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with the Internet and MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and experience with SalesForce is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, which includes the ability to independently draft and edit correspondence, memos, and reports
- Superior ability to multi-task, organize, maintain records and manage time effectively
- Able to work independently, be self-directed and follow through on all job duties without reminder and direct supervision
- Proven ability to manage highly confidential information
- High attention to detail and ability to learn quickly and follow directions
- Well-developed team skills, unquestioned integrity, and the experience, confidence, and presence to effectively handle interpersonal relationships and sensitive HR issues.
- A positive and professional demeanor and excellent interpersonal skills which include the ability to lead or direct and gain cooperation and support from others to accomplish goals
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and facilitates human resources processes
- Administers employee health and benefits plans
- Acts as a liaison between employees and insurance providers
- Resolves benefits-related problems; addresses employee concerns and manages employee relations issues; counsel employees and proactively facilitate conflict resolution between employees, escalating issues as appropriate
- Answering employee requests and questions
- Coordinates and presents new employee hiring processes, including offer letters, onboarding and offboarding
- Reconciling benefits statements
- Assists with the on-boarding, performance reviews and exit processes
- Assists with scheduling and coordinating the recruitment and interview processes
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Hourly or Annual wages are competitive; a competitive benefits plan included.
No phone calls, please. Our HR partner, RSJ/Swenson, is assisting us in conducting this search. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.