About The Position
The Sr. Maintenance Technician will execute advanced maintenance activities or operate assigned equipment, facility, utility, and HVAC Systems in accordance with established guidelines and operating procedures. Conduct intermediate troubleshooting and employ advanced predictive technologies to identify root cause and appropriate corrective actions to diagnose or avert equipment problems.
Founded in 1964, Stephen S. Wise Temple is one of the largest Reform Jewish synagogues and schools in the country. In addition to the Temple, Stephen S. Wise is home to Wise School – from Early Childhood through Elementary School Grade 6 – and a Religious School. With over 2,000 member families and more than 300 employees, Wise is known for its extensive educational, spiritual, and musical programs, designed for individuals, couples, and families at all stages of life.
Our campus is located on the Mulholland Corridor of the Santa Monica Mountains and encompasses 19 acres.
You are mechanically inclined and enjoy working with your hands. You are a good troubleshooter and perform your job well.
- Perform daily set-ups for events
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, etc.)
- Performs minor painting, carpentry (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.)
- Perform various "Housekeeping" activities, (i.e. keeping work areas clean, cleaning of equipment etc.)
- Ensure that operational log paperwork, daily log files, and work order documentation is completed with accurate information
- Notify Supervisor of any problems with procedures or equipment in order to maintain the highest degree of safety and productivity
- Trouble shoot and repair equipment/system failures
- Basic welding, metal work, and minor HVAC maintenance
- Responsible for tool and equipment inventory
- High school diploma or equivalent in formal training and/or work experience
- Three years working experience in facility maintenance
- Ability to accurately assess mechanical problems, make recommendations, communicate effectively and resolve issues quickly while working under pressure
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, make recommendations, draw conclusions and communicate effectively
- Must have a valid CA Driver's License
- May be required to be certified in CPR/First Aid/AED within three months of employment