About The Position
Performs general custodial services on Temple and School grounds, including cleaning and detailing conference rooms, offices, event rooms, classrooms, and common areas. Custodian will use proper materials and methods to assure facilities are clean and free of safety hazards. Position requires knowledge of custodial practices, equipment, supplies and procedures, and the ability to perform quality work in a safe manner.
Founded in 1964, Stephen S. Wise Temple is one of the largest Reform Jewish synagogues and schools in the country. In addition to the Temple, Stephen S. Wise is home to Wise School – from Early Childhood through Elementary School Grade 6 – and a Religious School. With over 2,000 member families and more than 300 employees, Wise is known for its extensive educational, spiritual, and musical programs, designed for individuals, couples, and families at all stages of life.
Our campus is located on the Mulholland Corridor of the Santa Monica Mountains and encompasses 19 acres.
You enjoy providing support the maintenance of facilities/grounds and apply the necessary resources to complete your job at the highest level.
- Mop, sweep, scrub, wax floors and other surfaces
- Dust, washes and polishes furniture and fixtures
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures
- Replenishes restroom supplies and fills dispensers
- Drive agency vehicle to perform deliveries between buildings of things such as tools, tables, chairs, etc.
- Move furniture, supplies, and miscellaneous equipment as directed
- Trash pickup and removal; collect waste paper and recyclables
- Help with physical set ups in the buildings and on the grounds for services, events, concerts, lectures, athletic events, Lunch program set-up/breakdown, etc.
- Lock and unlock doors to classrooms, offices, etc.
- Collect debris removed from the buildings and place in containers for removal
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems
- Cultivate and care for shrubbery, trees, flowers and lawns as requested
- May work traffic control during carpool
- Raise and lower flags
- Perform related duties as assigned by designated supervisor
- Ability to read and understand written material and instructions
- Must be capable of working in a fast- paced environment with multiple interruptions
- Must be able to stand and exert well paced mobility
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to push and pull carts weighing up to 50+ lbs.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment
- Prior related experience preferred
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- One year custodial or related work experience